Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Rescuing the long bike

It's time for another rebuild on The Long Bike.
I'm not sure how far I'll go with it this time but I have a dilemma about how to deal with a stripped thread on the bottom bracket. I would like to keep a log of the life of this bike and am a bit unsure of where it will be kept. See HERE for now.

Long bike

Busted Bottom Bracket


I may wind up posting on my other blog Rickshaw Way. Hopefully my repairs will be more decisive than my record keeping!

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Hi David,
I see the busted BB.
Hopefully, you can fix it.
Can you cover the bike with a tarp, to keep it from getting rained on, when not in use? Just wondering, that's all. I know, you know what to do and how to do it :)

Keep us posted on the progress!

Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

David J said...

Ahaa! Yes I've got a plan. Just spoke to the guys at the bike shop and they can bore it out and put in some kind of cartridge unit which slides in and is secured from the outside... Don't know what it's called but if it works it will save me a heap of grief and will mean I can toss out a couple of second rate frames I'd set aside. I need to deliver the stripped down frame in the next couple of days so am hoping for some dry weather to work in.