Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas is coming!
With a Two and a Half year old our home is alive with the mystery and magic of Christmas.

Christmas lights - Darwin winner

Last night we escaped the heat of our claustrophobic unit in search of *CHRISTMAS LIGHTS*

What a relief it was to be in the air-conditioned car after a sticky cranky day at home. We took the list of prize winning lights from the paper and headed for the winner of the Power and Water Christmas lights competition. (My feelings about wise use of electricity and the evils of power generation on hold for the night, surely the spread of joy and good will worthy of the extra power consumption!?)
There was a real festive feel in the neighbourhood, people had set up tables and chairs in the park opposite the winners house and families mingled happily as children ran around in the street and through the yard of the house which took the form of an open playground.


Books I haven't read

I don't know why but this year I have accumulated a pile of books that will likely take me several years to read. I am a slow reader but I've traded bloging for reading in the mornings and it has been a great boost to my sluggish imagination which often flounders in the tepid shallows of my own inadequate reserves of original thought. !

Greenfrog

Oh yeh and after the Christmas Lights we continued on for a cruise through town and down to the Wharf where we discovered that 100's of frogs had invaded the muddy flats of the newly reclaimed development site. We must have heard about four species and 100's of individuals. The sound of the amphibious chorus was thrilling

No comments: