Monday, February 22, 2016

How to give a f-ck

It's hard to write in a constructive way when the black dog's sniffing at your heels all day. Too many pointy edges when I've tried talking to people but and I was starting to take comfort in gray sheets of paper, eternal blankness seemed fine...

Then I saw a version of this song on someone's facebook page and felt instantly uplifted!



Phat Bollard - Millionaires

Checked out the band and bought two of their albums immediately from Bandcamp! Here's the link to the album Spare a Little Change


I love angry caring songs and it's been so long since I've heard music like this being performed! My previous post about Redgum was kind of a lament. Once they left the scene in Australia I rarely ever heard any really strongly worded political folk music, although Bruce Springsteen put some good stuff into his Wrecking Ball album, this stuff is far more raw and to the point and expresses the rage beautifully and with humor!

Thank god for rebel buskers!
And sturdy wheel barrows.





2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

"The first one now will later be the last, the times they are-a changing".
Hang in there, David!
Thanks for the link to the lovely music.
Peace :)

David J said...

Thanks Chandra, I've listened to the CD a few times now since I bought it. Really enjoying the earthy, rugged proletariat view of mercy charity and just decent/indecent grass roots fun troubadour punk music.