Friday, January 03, 2020

Into the grey

There are some words and phrases that really bug me. One such word is 'segway' I hate it when people use that word.

Another one is 'juxtaposition'.

I don't know why I don't like those words. They serve a purpose, they have a meaning... like the word 'doppelganger' has a very specific meaning. Why do I cringe when I hear it? Is it because they're words I was late to learn? Do I harbor a secret subconscious resentment against people who knew the words before I learned their meaning? Ave they been overused by particular groups? 

Anyway, this is not an attack on words, it's just a post about an interesting sight, and a photo.

As I was riding through the university grounds I had my eye on the Amazing storm clouds, while simultaneously checking out an Osprey nest at the to of the telephone tower...

Thought I'd take a photo for the memory and put my bike in the foreground... beside a couple of bins... with the engineering building at the base of the towers... 




So what's it all about? The paradoxical convergence of a Wild raptor nest perched atop an icon of the modern age accompanied by an industrial building, in contrast with the uncontainable weather, which would soon deliver lightning that could be drawn to the tower, where the birds sit... while in the foreground, a machine of efficiency, parked by a bin, representing excess and waste.

'JUXTAPOSITION!'



No comments: