Friday, March 13, 2020

Back on the beat





Life for me over the past month has been full of new experiences and  mostly joyful interactions and opportunities to share with others and learn about myself in new ways.

It has been quite wonderful to connect with new people and to explore aspects of myself in a safe environment where people don't feel judged or devalued for who they are.


I have made some new friends and have been spending time with new people...
In the business of these social adventures I have tended to neglect my own personal solo adventures, rituals and times for quiet reflection.


This week I have tried to withdraw slightly from the social and just spend a little time alone, in my own space, without company.



Over the past few weeks I've had access to motorized transport which has allowed me to zoom around town at my leisure. I have enjoyed the idea of getting back on a motorcycle and hanging out with other riders. I was looking forward to the camaraderie and the mobility that a motorcycle would present, went to the local bike dealership and found the perfect  second hand bike at a price that was too good to be true! A Suzuki Intruder 250cc. In great condition! I planned to buy it but held back... I thought about the personal gains I had made through riding my bicycle, the solitary time, sweating it out on the paths and trails, the health benefits... and I sabotaged my chances of getting that motorcycle by waiting until the end of the day to pay my deposit. When I got to the shop it had been sold!

I can't believe I didn't buy this beautiful machine! It was in perfect condition!
 
Foregoing motorized transport has been a little inconvenient back on my bicycle and am sweating it out on the time consuming commute to work along the coastal trail. It eats up a fair bit of my time but I know it is healthy for me in the long run.







Just thought I'd share this stuff as a marker in time. No matter how much I value the company of others, I do not forget the importance of solitude.

No comments: