Monday, February 10, 2020

About the bass

Sound! birds, wind, frogs, clap sticks... Music!




The vibrations that pass through my ear canal and are somehow assimilated into separate causes, meaning, messages of warning, danger, safety, diversity, spaciousness, populated by innumerable other entities, each with its own frequency, rhythm volume... All conducted through my nervous system and processed in my brain in fractions of a second. 
Identified, sorted in terms of significance, prioritized and delivered to the decision making department.



Last Friday I got a new set of ear bud headphones. The sound quality totally blitzed my old set.

It's so weird, I don't know if other people have this reaction. When I had the volume up on a couple of songs the tone and depth of the BASS brought such a feeling of elation my heart sunk and lifted with the tones, skipping past the logic center, fast tracked to the heart! It brought tears to my eyes.

I was cycling along the coast and I just felt so overwhelmed with the beauty that I started to quiver and tears welled up in my eyes.
I threw my arms up in the air and let out a howl and kept riding. Drifting, gliding... On two wheels but somehow in the air, my blood pulsing, skin electric, enveloped by the humid morning air... mind tripping, heart skipping wheels spinning, horizon drawing me near to a place beyond the clouds, gravity failing to hold me and the beat driving me on from my head to my toes tears falling behind my magic carpet on two wheels... Smile stretching, eyes reaching every soul I passed. Bass divining spirit through layers of reason.

To have my hearing is a blessing. Making gratitude my foundation and embrace the bass.

No comments: