Friday, February 07, 2020

The Greatest Smallest Forest

This week was the birthday of my friend Nathalie (Nat)

https://smallestforest.net/


An artist, with many talents and a woman who I admired for her humor, her capacity to see through bullshit (including mine), her straight talking cynicism, her taste for strong coffee and her propensity for freedom over comfort and truth above conformity!

It was heartbreaking when Nat died at the end of February last year. I have missed her deeply.

She had so much talent to share with the world and produced art that in my opinion was the best in Darwin!

Nat was also pretty good at Calligraphy she designed and drew the guest book when Prince Charles visited Darwin in 2018. 

My mum has a hand written copy of Desiderata that Nat wrote in beautiful calligraphy before Christmas in 2018. It must have taken her ages.

Please check out her work on her blog The Smallest Forest, it is full of so many wonderful surprises. I have no idea how long the blog will continue to be hosted. Chances are it will be taken down pretty soon.

The Smalest Forest




No comments: