Thursday, February 06, 2020

Specials entry

Hi... this is a truncated post from my phone because I just lost an entire essay I'd written about Terry Hall and The Specials when my finger slipped on the screen of my phone.

It was about a coincidence and a realization that I thought was pretty cool but now I just want to go to sleep.

Here's the short version.
I saw a cool video and song by The Specials, liked the band and the style of singer Terry Hall.

I also liked a version of Our Lips Are Sealed that I had downloaded onto my phone, not knowing who the band was that recorded it. (Not The Go Gos)

So I looked up the band and they were called Fun Boy Three. The band Terry, Neville Stapple and Lynval Golding created after The Specials broke up.

So there it is. My big coincidence for the week!

BFD! If you'd read my essay before I deleted it you'd probably be ringing me to say how you relate and how freaky that is because what I'd written was exactly what you were thinking exactly as you were reading it and how the convergence of ideas caused a spike in space time continuum and that all the socks you'd lost in the wash for the past 20 years suddenly shows up! 

But of course that'll never happen, because I deleted the whole freaking thing!

Here they are, Fun Boy Three with Our Lips Are Sealed.. yay.




No comments: