Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A ride and a quote.

This morning I rode to work via the Dripstone cliffs. It's maybe one or two km longer than my usual ride. Well I have to start somewhere! It was good just to get out of my habit of taking the same route every day, even though I've only been back at work for three days.
The bush is so green and thick it's like a real jungle. I passed some areas of monsoonal vine thicket that had fully closed canopy! It was really soothing to see before work and much better than taking the main road. The wind was up and there was even some wave action at the beach.
I came the same way home but took my time and followed the Lee Point track back past the hospital, what a cruise I barely had to peddle and the track was nice and smooth after the rains.

Not much of a story I know. If you want to read some real biking stories check out Up in Alaska or Ozbybike!

Cruiser and Dripstone cliffs
My bike and riding shoes at Dripstone Cliff

I read a very apt quote in the NT parliamentary debates today. Having visited question time a couple of times last year and being thoroughly unimpressed with the political double speak, crap and muck slinging I had to agree with the quote Mr Woods used.
Back in October of 2006 Gerry Wood (member for Nelson) said this.

Mr Wood (Nelson):

Mr Acting Speaker, George Orwell once said:

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.

Debates Wednesday 18 October 2006
p. 3373

2 comments:

joel dousset said...

nice image, David, you are not in the frame but it says much about you and what you like.

joel dousset said...

Hi David

A nice image which says much about you, even if you are not in the frame...
Put your link on my Indonesian blogs.