Saturday, January 27, 2007

Snake on the road

This morning the girl and I went for a drive (way too hot to ride the bike) to the tip shop. There were heaps of great bike parts there but I've promised, again, not to bring anything home until I have made space for it. On the way back I noticed a dead snake on the side of the road so we pulled over to check it out. The child was fascinated and I had to remind her not to get too close even though it was dead. I'm not exactly sure what species it was but it had the look of a young Tiapan (Oxyuranus scutellatus). We were very curious to find that it had eaten a small monitor lizard. Whenever we see anything interesting I always try to take a photo and my little mate was on to me to get a shot of the snake so we came home got the camera and went back to snap off a shot of the dead snake. It was really interesting to see the way she responded to it and understood that it was a dead animal.

snake meal
The dead snakes belly with it's last meal poking out

snake
The front section of the dead snake (If you recognize the species please post a comment)


More news on the push to remove human powered transport from the streets.
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/01/27/d70127060275.htm


The Bloggies
If you're interested in web logs (blogs) you might like to check out the most popular at The seventh annual Weblog awards, The Bloggies. One of my favorite blogs, Up in Alaska is a finalist in the Sport category. Cast a vote if you're interested, have a look at some of the nominations it might be a good opportunity to view some acclaimed blogs I don't know I haven't had a thorough look at them yet.

No comments: