Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Biiiiiiiikes.................and books

Things have been kind of hectic lately and I'm not quite sure where it's all leading but generally it all seems pretty good. Strangely two friends have given me books to read and another has recommended a novel completely out of the blue! I'm currently reading a great novel about Bali that has got my head and heart spinning out of my suburban orbit and careering off on flights of fancy about staying somewhere outside of Australia. Somewhere that you can eat rice, fruit and chilli all day, have meaningful encounters with Gods demons and cheeky monkeys and see them played out each night at the a Wayang Kulit or in a dance at the local temple!

A fella rang last night who I'd approached about six months ago about a Philippene bicycle rickshaw. He want's more than I think it's worth but I'll head over there and have a good look before I dismiss it totaly. It looks small and cramped, not like one of those great ones you see in Singapore or Thailand but it's a start. Wouldn't it be funny/fun to ride something like that around in the street? Wouldn't it be a great way to do the shopping? Wouldn't it be a great way to get hasstled by the police (I hope not)?

I don't seem to have all that much more to say but thought I'd do a post just to keep the interest up. Now just because I don't have anything original to post doesn't mean I can't find someone who has.


While looking at the C.Y.C.L.E. blog I found a great documentary about the beginning of Critical Mass in San Francisco.

Unfortunately I am unsure of the copyright restrictions on this video so won't add a direct link to it. However you can find it yourself on the C.Y.C.L.E. blog or even better buy it directly from from Ted here http://www.tedwhitegreenlight.com/

No comments: