Sunday, February 05, 2017

A creek a day 5: Chinaman's Creek

Well I've strayed outside of the Melbourne metro area again and I'm a day behind.
This post is from Yesterday, Saturday 4th Feb.

I returned home from Geelong and Ballarat on Saturday morning, packed my bike and caught the train  back to Geelong to ride the Ballarine Rail Trail.
Caught the ferry across to Sorrento and then pedalled down to visit friends in Rosesbud.

When I was a boy my mate Robbie used to speak fondly of the creek which ran through the campground where stayed at Rosebud during school holidays, Chinaman's creek. I've always wanted to see this little stream in the middle of the tourist town. When I finally got there I was so happy to find the creek and riparian vegetation have been well looked after by the foreshore committee and parks department.

Here's a few pictures.

Chinaman's creek looking upstream

Loaded bike looking relaxed

Chinaman's creek looking toward the turquoise waters of Port Philip Bay on a magical day

No comments: